TRANSFER MONEY FROM ACCOUNT TO PHONE
The GIP is an electronic payment system that allow bank customers to transfer funds from their account to their phones in a matter of seconds.
Its is the fastest interbank payment system and it also offers the public one of the fastest ways to send or transfer money from account to phone.
GhIPSS Instant Pay and mobile money have been tipped as the two electronic payment platforms that can rapidly deepen financial inclusion in the country and also reduce the use of cash.
While banks and other financial institutions in Ghana race to adapt to the current global changes, the need for digital onboarding will be the winning driver of customer acquisition now and in the future. One such digital platform designed purposely for easy mobile money transactions is the GHIPSS Instant Pay (GIP).
GHIPSS Instant Pay (GIP) is a system that allows a customer of a Bank e.g Atwima Mponua Rural Bank – Limited (AMRB) to have access to his personal account on the Temenos T24 through his mobile phone. By this, customers who subscribe to the GIP product would have their telephone numbers linked to their accounts on T24, thereby giving them the privileged to perform the following transactions:
- Transfer Money from their Bank Account to their Mobile Wallet and
- Transfer Money from their Mobile Wallet to their Bank Account.
- To improve customer loyalty
- To reduce customer attrition (i.e Reduce number customers who visit the bank)
- Improve and diversify the income streams of the Bank (Post COVID -19)
- Expand the portfolio of services offered by the Bank
- Reduce the gap in service offering between the Bank and other competing Banks.
- Interested person must be a customer of the Bank
- He/she must have an active VodaCash or a TigoCash Wallet.
- The customer must fill a GIP Mandate form at the Customer Service Desk.